We have aggressively added to this range of products over the last five years and it is now over 1500 items. One of the main selection criteria for a new product in this catalogue was its environmental benefit. Check out page 4 & 5 of our current catalogue for our EPP product directory.
BASICS' GREEN INITIATIVES
Monarch Basics is committed to improving the environment. We also have formed an internal green committee to continue moving forward with our commitment.
As a Consumer:
- We offer electronic statements to our customers to reduce consumption of paper and envelopes.
- All of our Basics flyers are printed on paper containing a minimum of 30% post consumer content, processed without elemental chlorine
- We recycle tons of cardboard every year through regional recycling
- Through 2017 we will be increasing electronic marketing and reducing the number of paper flyers and catalogues that we distribute.
- We have installed a Terra Cycle collection bin here in the retail store. Customers can bring in, or we can pick up, all of their old pen casings. Once the bin is full it will be sent to Newell Rubbermaid for recycling.
- Our catalogue offers over 1500 environmental preferred products.
- We accept and collect toner and inkjet cartridges for recycling or re-manufacture.
- Our retail store has "Call 2 Recycle" drop off boxes for rechargeable, alkaline and cell phone batteries for recycle and re-manufacture.